Mark Ostapina's Power Plus Hockey Camps
MSOE Hockey Camps are designed for players of all ages seeking to improve their skills and understanding of the game. MSOE Power Plus Hockey Camps are priced significantly lower than other camps because MSOE owns the rink. It will be difficult to find a better hockey camp in the area.
Head Hockey Coach, Mark Ostapina
Mark Ostapina, who played college hockey under legendary coach Bob Johnson at University of Wisconsin, serves as the MSOE Raiders head ice hockey coach. In his 13th season as the MSOE head coach, Ostapina has led the Raiders to three Midwest Collegiate Hockey Association (MCHA) Championships and two Harris Cup trophies. Ostapina has also won the MCHA Coach of the Year award and was a semifinalist for the Edward Jeremiah American Hockey Coaches Association Coach of the Year four times in his career. Outside of collegiate athletics, Ostapina serves on the USA Hockey Select team?s coaching staff, and his Select 17 team won the program-wide championship. He also lectures throughout the country as part of the USA Hockey Coaches Education program. Ostapina played for University of Wisconsin and professionally in Sweden for Vasteras AC and the Malung Ishockey Club. Prior to heading overseas, he played for the Chicago Cardinals in the Continental Hockey League.
July 17-21, July 24-28 (No Mites), and August 7-11, 2017
(PLEASE NOTE: August 7th Camp Week is FULL for Squirts and Pee Wee/Bantam Age Groups)
- 2 - 3 p.m. On ice
- 3 - 3:30 p.m. Off ice
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. On ice
- 9:30 - 10:45 a.m. On ice
- 11 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Off ice
- 12:30 - 1:45 p.m. On ice
- 8:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. On ice
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Off ice
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. On ice
Instructions On Ice
- High Tempo Drills: Training players to execute in game-like conditions.
- Power Hockey: Training focused on basic and sophisticated individual skills.
- Small Games/Drills: Used worldwide to improve elite hockey players, select situation drills will increase players' skills and grasp of strategy in a way that utilizes the key element of fun. Small game drills increase the frequency of players' handling the puck in game situations, which conventional scrimmages do not provide.
Instructions Off Ice
Speed and strength conditioning, stick training, coordination games.
Specialized individual goalkeeper training will be provided per session.
MSOE Hockey Camps are held in the Kern Center, MSOE's 210,000-square-foot health, wellness, fitness and recreation facility. The hockey rink is located on the lower level.
Drop-off/ Snack /Pick-up Information
Parents may pick-up and drop-off in the front of the Kern Center. Parking information will be mailed upon registration. Be sure to pack a snack.
- All campers are responsible for bringing their own equipment and it should be in good repair.
- Each camper will receive an MSOE Hockey Camp Jersey. Multiple-week campers will only receive one jersey.
- Skate sharpening, laces and tape are available for purchase.
Campers must have their own health insurance. Each camper must complete a medical history and liability release form. The medical history form will be mailed/emailed with confirmation. Be sure to download the medical history form and mail it in with your registration. Under no circumstances may a camper participate without completing these forms.
Confirmation / Refunds / Event Cancellations
Registration confirmation will be emailed prior to the start of the camp. Confirmation will include a medical form and more camp specifics. Both the medical form and the liability form must be completed in order to participate. No refunds will be given unless accompanied by an authorized doctor's notice. In the event of a camp cancellation, campers will be notified one week prior to the start of the camp and a full refund will be processed.