MILWAUKEE – The women's soccer team headed across town to take on Alverno in what was a make-up of a game that had to be postponed two weeks ago due to field conditions on the Inferno's field. It was worth the wait. The record book was entered five different times in the Raiders total domination of Alverno on Friday afternoon.
MSOE – 13
Alverno – 0
HOW IT HAPPENED
When there are so many records that got altered in a contest, it's kind of hard to know where to begin. MSOE (10-5-2, 7-2-1 NACC) scored five different times within the first 20 minutes of the contest, all from different Raider student-athletes. Among those five tallies was four assists, part of the team's total of ten throughout the ballgame. Much like the game against Rockford, Alverno (4-12, 0-9 NACC) couldn't muster a shot on goal in the contest but were able to get a single shot off which was something that the Regents were unable to do. It was 7-0 in favor of the Red & White at halftime and no adjustment was going to save the Inferno in the second. The onslaught continued with six more in the second frame, including Jade Becknell's third of the afternoon to credit her with her first collegiate hat trick. Abbie Lorenz picked up her eighth win of the season and Tamryn Syron made sure things stayed scoreless in the second half as MSOE locks down a berth in the NACC postseason tournament.
- The 13 goals scored against the Inferno is tied for third most in a single game. They share the record with the 2008 squad that also put up 13 against Alverno.
- The 48 total shots are good for fifth all-time in a single game. This years team also holds the third best total with 51 when they played Rockford just five days ago.
- The 13-0 score is the third largest margin of victory in Raiders women's soccer history.
- The 10 assists that were tallied is good for a share of fourth most in a game.
- With 15 corner kicks, the Raiders tie the 2004 team for fifth most in a single contest.
WHO'S ON DECK
The Raiders will be right back at it tomorrow, celebrating senior day against Wisconsin Lutheran at Viets Field starting at 3:30 pm.